2023 Year-End Giving
At Stonewall we will never be silent in the face of injustice, and we will always protect and collect your stories and share them with the world.
As Stonewall National Museum, Archives, & Library (SNMAL) winds down our year-long 50th Anniversary celebration, we have presented more programming than ever before and there is more to come over the next few months.
Our programs can only be as bold as your support allows, please make your end of year tax-deductible contribution today, keeping us strong in the face of adversity. PLEASE MAKE YOUR TAX-DEDUCTIBLE GIVE TODAY.
Despite the frustrations of being based in Florida, where the government has targeted our community, we remain a national source of information for the history and culture of the LGBTQIA+ community. This year we have increased:
- We have never received more media attention locally, regionally, or nationally.
- Expanded our partnerships in and out of Florida, and participated in conferences on history, education, libraries, and tourism.
- Produced more women’s programing than ever before. Celebrated National Women’s History Month with a month-long schedule of lectures and programs.
- Produced the first in a series of exhibits curated by BIPOC and transgender members of our community who have long been marginalized along with ancillary programming highlighting their invaluable contributions.
- Expanded our hours to include weekends and holidays, making it possible for more people to see our exhibits, participate in our programs, and use our library.
- Continue to make more archival materials available digitally online.
- Expanded our Stonewall National Education Project and hired a full-time education manager.
- Established a National Education Task Force.
ROOM TO GROW
As the library and archival collections continue to grow, the space we call home does not, and the real issue of “room to grow” is being discussed in earnest. We are one of the few national LGBTQIA+ organizations headquartered in Florida, and we take our position seriously. Having a museum that is free and open to the public makes an important statement in these difficult times. We need to expand our footprint in order to meet public demand and realize our mission.
In the spirit of building a more perfect union together, thank you. Your financial support means the world to us.
Robert Kesten Karen Kelley
Executive Director Board Chair